Manufactured By :
CAE Healthcare, USA
Available Options :
This product is not available in stock.
The Athena patient simulator boasts a wide range of powerful new features to deliver the height of realism and flexibility in female patient simulation-based healthcare training.
The world's most advanced female patient simulator, Athena elevates experiential learning by enhancing both technical and non-technical clinical skills, delivering the fully immersive experience that we expect from patient simulation. With highly advanced lungs, Athena can respond automatically to mechanical ventilation and trigger a ventilator.
With a wide range of high-fidelity functionality and authentically-designed body with female aesthetics, Athena elevates experiential training in women's healthcare to a new level of realism. Athena is a hybrid solution for both early and advanced users.
With 5 pre-configured Simulated Clinical Experiences (SCEs), Athena allows the instructor to create customized educational content.
Airway and Breathing
• Spontaneous breathing
• Neck articulation for sniffing position
• Articulated mandible for jaw thrust maneuver
• Unilateral and bilateral chest excursions synchronized with the ventilation (spontaneous and mechanical)
• Anatomically realistic and durable upper airway designed to allow for laryngoscopy and oral intubation (LMAs, endotracheal tubes, oropharyngeal airways)
• Perfect seal with the airway adjuncts
• Bag-valve-mask ventilation
• Symmetric and asymmetric lung ventilation
• Mechanical ventilation and different ventilation modes (CMV, SIMV)
• Ventilation efficacy reflected in the alveolar and arterial gas concentrations
• Bilateral pulses (carotid, brachial, radial, dorsalis pedis) synchronous with the cardiac cycle. Pulse strength can be controlled
• Bilateral blood pressure measurement by both auscultation and palpation
• Pacing and defibrillation
• 12-lead dynamic ECG display
• ECG monitoring posts and interface with real ECG monitor
• Bilateral IV access points
• Correct hand placement detection
• CPR analysis (compression depth and rate, chest recoil, compression fraction, ventilation volume and rate)
• Compliant with 2015 AHA guidelines
• NEW! SymEyes display patient symptoms and conditions, including jaundice, hemorrhage, keyhole pupil, cataracts and bloodshot or droopy eyes
• Reactive pupils with multiple settings
• Blinking and reactive eyes with multiple settings
• Seizures associated with rapid blinking and movement of the arms
• Urinary catheterization
• Urine output
• 2-way voice communication
• Pre-recorded sounds and speech, custom vocalization recorded by the user, microphone
• Heart, bowel, and breath sounds (anterior and posterior) independently controlled (type and volume)
• Audible breathing sounds (wheezing and gasping)
• Range of motion in the wrists, shoulders, knees and ankles